Be among the key stakeholders who will be sharing their expertise and ambitions with the top-level audience of Mexico Aerospace Forum 2018. This conference will bring together the most influential business and political leaders in the Mexican aerospace industry. Register now or risk missing the opportunity to get the inside perspective and network with the industry’s main stakeholders at this high-profile conference and networking event.
Mexico Aerospace Forum Preliminary Program 2018
Mexico’s federal elections and NAFTA renegotiations casted a shadow over many of the country’s main economic industries. While the aerospace industry has been mostly left out of political discourse pertaining both matters, the sector may be affected by existing sociopolitical changes. How much is the sector affected and whether positively or negatively still remains to be seen.
- ModeratorLuis LizcanoDirector General of FEMIA
- PanelistJosé Antonio Velázquez SolísDirector General of Queretaro Aerocluster
- PanelistCarlos RamírezPresident of Monterrey Aerocluster
- PanelistRené EspinozaPresident of Chihuahua Aerocluster
- PanelistWendee MolinaVice President of Operations for Javid LLC
More than a year after the announcement of NAFTA’s renegotiation, the three negotiating parties have failed to reach a consensus in many of their main concerns. The panorama seems to change daily, with the US imposing tariffs on partner countries and the latter retaliating in turn. However, some agreements seem to be going forward but there is still much to be determined.
- ModeratorCésar FragozoSectorial Director of Aerospace Unit at ProMéxico
- PanelistRicardo CapillaCorporate Secretary of Airbus Helicopters
- PanelistDaniel ParfaitPresident of Safran Mexico
- PanelistEugenio MarínCEO of TechBA Madrid-Montreal & TechBA Aerospace
- PanelistRoberto CorralVice President and General Manager of Innocentro
One of the main challenges that aerospace companies face to this day is the lack of a strong supply chain to support their operations in Mexico, which forces larger companies to rely heavily on foreign suppliers leading to increasing manufacture costs and reduced efficiency. Efforts from many players in the sector to generate a local supply chain to address the needs of the sector continue.
A key provision of the Energy Reform was to open the jet fuel market to any interested player but this matter had not been addressed until this year. How many players will be willing to enter this sector and how will their incorporation affect airports, airlines and all related players still remains to be seem. During this presentation, the speaker will address the main market opportunities that opening the jet fuel market will bring to the Mexican aviation ecosystem.
- ModeratorFrancisco BautistaLeading Partner of Aerospace Industry at EY
- PanelistJesús NavarroCEO of Mexicana MRO
- PanelistJuan José SimónDirector of SAE
- PanelistBernardo MorenoCEO of Redwings
- PanelistLuis AlvaradoDirector General of AeroUnion
Once considered a landmark Enrique Peña Nieto’s presidency, the New International Airport of Mexico has become a pincushion for the political attacks of the incoming administration. At this point the future of the airport, if it is to have one, is being strongly debated among all players of the sector and its potential cancellation can greatly impact all of Mexico’s economic sector.
- SpeakerCarlos RoblesVice President of Bombardier Queretaro and President of FEMIA
Mexico continues to consolidate its presence as an aerospace supplier thanks to its qualified labor, low manufacturing costs and ideal location. However, local and international concerns continue to plague many of the country’s economic sectors. During this presentation, the speaker will address said fear and discuss both the challenges the sector faces and areas of opportunity brought about by this uncertainty.
Our Networking Cocktails are a must for C-level professionals who want to expand their business, improve their contacts or who simply want to gain insights from other key stakeholders in their industry. By invitation only, these exclusive events provide enhanced networking and put you in front of the people and businesses that matter to you. Organized around specific topics and themes, our intimate Networking Cocktails are a value-added opportunity to discuss the latest trends and strategies impacting your sector.
Let us help you open doors to fresh opportunities.