Be among the key stakeholders who will be sharing their expertise and ambitions with the top-level audience of Mexico Energy Forum 2021. We have carefully selected our participants to optimize the quality of this unique forum. Register now or risk missing this opportunity to get the inside perspectives and network with the industry’s main stakeholders at this high-profile conference and networking event.
Mexico Energy Forum 2020 Program
- SpeakerManuel RodríguezPresident of the Energy Commission of the Chamber of Deputies
According to the 2019-2033 PRODESEN, Mexico will need an additional capacity of 35GW by 2024 to cope with the country’s rising electricity demand. With long-term electricity auctions out of the equation and the Wholesale Electricity Market booming at its fastest pace, AMLO’s administration has the responsibility of strengthening CFE while keeping the doors open for private investment.
- ModeratorBenjamín Torres-BarrónPartner at Baker and McKenzie
- PanelistAreli CovarrubiasCommercial Director Natural Gas at IEnova
- PanelistDavid VizcarrondoDirector Strategic Accounts Latin America at Emerson
- PanelistRamón BasantaCEO at ATCO Energía
In 3Q18, Mexico produced 2.7bcfs/d and imported 5.2bcfs/d of natural gas. With a strong gas-based electricity matrix, energy demand needs to find its balance between US imports and developing a national production and transportation infrastructure. While renegotiations with gas transporters were successful, there is still much to be done to ensure energy security.
- SpeakerAdrian KatzewCEO at Zuma Energía
- SpeakerEduardo PiqueroDirector General at MÉXICO2
- ModeratorJosé UrteagaSenior Energy Specialist at the Inter-American Development Bank
- PanelistCecilia LatapiExecutive Coordinator of the Green Finance Advisory Council
- PanelistJosé JovéCEO of Prana Power
- PanelistMarian AguirreDirector of Energy Sector Financing at BANCOMEXT
- PanelistSalomón AmkieDirector Head of Power and Energy of Citibanamex
- PanelistMaría José TreviñoCountry Manager of Acclaim Energy
- PanelistHélene DimitracopoulosCFO of Zuma Energía
With the absence of an auction mechanism that fixes energy prices in the long-term run, companies either get creative or get out of business. While the wholesale market unveiled a pool of options including short, medium and long-term PPAs, virtual PPAs and even full-merchant deals, project structuring needs to be flexible enough to seize these opportunities.
- ModeratorCasiopea RamirezPartner at Fresh Energy Consulting and Adviser to ASOLMEX
- PanelistJuan ÁvilaDirector General of Top Energy
- PanelistPatricia TattoVice President of ATA Renewables, President of MERM
- ModeratorFrancisco SalazarDirector General and Partner of ENIX/Trust
- PanelistEduardo ArriolaOriginator at Vitol Group
- PanelistJeff PavlovicGeneral Director of Bravos Energía
- PanelistLeonardo BeltranBoard Member of SEforALL, Consultant of World Bank
- PanelistMiguel AlonsoMexico Country Manager of ACCIONA Energía
Our Networking Cocktails are a must for C-level professionals who want to expand their business, improve their contacts or who simply want to gain insights from other key stakeholders in their industry. By invitation only, these exclusive events provide enhanced networking and put you in front of the people and businesses that matter to you. Organized around specific topics and themes, our intimate Networking Cocktails are a value-added opportunity to discuss the latest trends and strategies impacting your sector.
Let us help you open doors to fresh opportunities.