Mexico Health Summit brings together the most influential business and political leaders in the Mexican Health industry, including the interviewees featured in Mexico Health Review 2019. Register now or risk missing this opportunity to get the inside perspective and network with the industry’s main stakeholders at this high-profile conference.
Mexico Health Summit 2018 Preliminary Program
- SpeakerJuana RamírezCEO and Founder of SOHIN
With an increasingly obese and aging population, chronic degenerative diseases are becoming a growing concern for all players in the Mexican healthcare sector, from public institutions to researchers. Patients themselves will have to bear the greatest burden of these diseases, with consequences that range from diminished life quality to premature death. Yet, many of these diseases can be prevented, managed or their worst consequences avoided if detected on time.
- ModeratorAlejandro LunaPartner and Life Sciences Co-chair of Olivares
- PanelistAlejandro PaoliniDirector General of Siemens Healthineers for Mexico, Central America and Caribbean
- PanelistLizete de la TorreDirector of Corporate Affairs and Health & Value at Pfizer Mexico
- PanelistJaime CervantesCEO of Vitalmex
- PanelistMonique ClúaRegional Director of Transformation Area at Novartis Mexico
The health, comfort and safety of patients are often touted as cornerstones of healthcare systems across the globe. Yet, hospitals, governments, pharmaceutical companies and doctors often find themselves needing to balance attention toward one specific patient versus measures that could ensure better care for many different patients.
- SpeakerAntonio CarrascoDirector General, PLM Latina
Big Data and Industry 4.0 practices are increasingly penetrating and disrupting every economic sector and healthcare is no exception. New technologies and Big Data open significant opportunities to measure and improve health results while analyzing areas to optimize and keep costs down. Merging health technology, digital media and mobile devices can generate cost-effective solutions for many players, according to Deloitte.
- ModeratorSandra Sánchez-OldenhageOwner and CEO of Pharmadvice and Country Manager of Biogen
- PanelistJoel CanoDirector of Incubation and Innovation of Grupo Altavista
- PanelistJuan Manuel SoteloCountry Representant of PAHO/WHO
- PanelistMarco Antonio NavarreteDeputy Director of Health Services at PEMEX
- PanelistHéctor ValleFounder and Partner of INNOVASALUD
The costs of poor health go beyond the individual. It is well-understood that a sick population impacts a country’s healthcare system and its budget. But less discussed is how sick individuals impact productivity in companies and how an unhealthy population affects a country’s economic future.
- ModeratorJavier PotesDirector General of Consorcio Mexicano de Hospitales
- PanelistAntonio ChemorNational Commissioner of Seguro Popular
- PanelistEfrén OcampoPresident of Grupo Neolpharma
- PanelistMiguel Alberto SalazarPresident and Director General of Boehringer Ingelheim México
- PanelistGuillaume CorpartManaging Director of Global Health Intelligence
- PanelistRoberto EssesCountry Manager of Gympass
Considering the relevance of health for Mexico’s population and economy, former and current presidential administrations have focused on improving healthcare through the consolidation of healthcare systems with the stated goal of providing universal healthcare for all Mexicans. However, as the current presidential administration approaches its end, many look to the future and see uncertainty.
- ModeratorVictor SaadiaFounder and CEO of BioCenter
- PanelistXavier SoberónDirector General of INMEGEN
- PanelistJosé CampilloFormer CEO of Funsalud
- PanelistFrancisco Kuri BreñaDirector of New Developments of Landsteiner
- PanelistJuan Carlos LópezDirector of store-a-Cell
An emerging medical discipline is making waves in the fields of oncology, pharmacology and rare diseases, among many others. Genomic medicine is a field that capitalizes on the latest advances in genomics to map and understand diseases old and new, while finding and developing new targets for their treatment. During this presentation, the speaker will address the existing barriers and how new technologies and treatments based on genomic medicine can improve human lives.
- SpeakerAlba TileyHead of the Sustainable Antibiotics Division of DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals
Antimicrobial resistance is a growing problem worldwide that is costing lives and complicating efforts to control or eliminate several diseases, including tuberculosis and malaria. Addressing antimicrobial resistance will require a joint effort among doctors, patients, agronomists, policymakers and many other stakeholders. In this multifrontal fight, the role drug manufacturers play cannot be underestimated.
- SpeakerYiannis MallisGeneral Manager and Vice President of Novo Nordisk Mexico
Seven out of 10 Mexicans are overweight or obese, despite nationwide government campaigns to get the population moving. The consequences of these conditions pose a severe burden on individuals, who might find themselves more susceptible to illnesses like cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. This in turn puts considerable pressure on the healthcare system; if unchecked, these medical conditions will increase the costs of healthcare to untenable levels.
Our Networking Cocktails are a must for C-level professionals who want to expand their business, improve their contacts or who simply want to gain insights from other key stakeholders in their industry. By invitation only, these exclusive events provide enhanced networking and put you in front of the people and businesses that matter to you. Organized around specific topics and themes, our intimate Networking Cocktails are a value-added opportunity to discuss the latest trends and strategies impacting your sector.
Let us help you open doors to fresh opportunities.