Be among the key stakeholders who will be sharing their expertise and ambitions with the top-level audience of Mexico Infrastructure and Sustainability Summit. This conference will bring together the most influential business and political leaders in the Mexican infrastructure sector, including the interviewees featured in Mexico Infrastructure Review 2020. Register now or risk missing this opportunity to get the inside perspective and network with the industry’s main stakeholders at this high-profile conference and networking event.
Mexico Infrastructure & Sustainability Summit 2017 Program
- SpeakerMartha GarcíarivasDeputy Minister of Environmental Protection Management at SEMARNAT
- ModeratorGuillermo BilbaoDirector of PA Consulting
- PanelistMarcelino MadrigalCommissioner at the Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE)
- PanelistSantiago CreuherasDirector General of Energy Efficiency and Sustainability at the Ministry of Energy (SENER)
Increasingly lower costs for photovoltaic (PV) components are piquing the interest of residential and commercial users, who are beginning to see the benefits of installing solar systems to cover part or all of their energy needs. Although distributed generation already exists in Mexico, it still represents a negligible share of the total installed capacity in the country. This panel will ask how we will be able to power these megacities with renewable energy.
- SpeakerRicardo Dueñas EspriuCFO of Grupo Aeroportuario de la Ciudad de México (GACM)
The New Mexico City International Airport will be the project of the century and is inspiring hope throughout the entire infrastructure industry. The country’s need for a larger, state-of- the-art airport will be fulfilled with this 667,000m 2 , 100-percent sustainable masterpiece. This panel and presentation will discuss the status of NAICM, the challenges that have been encountered so far and the steps being taken to ensure its successful integration into the Lake of Texcoco and surrounding communities.
- ModeratorJuan Torres LandaPartner at Hogan Lovells Mexico
- PanelistJoseph WoodardHead of Contracts and Procurement at Parsons
- PanelistJacobo GarcíaSenior Specialist in Policies of Integrity and Public Purchasing at OECD
- PanelistAlicia SilvaDirector and Founder of Revitaliza Consultores
- PanelistHéctor OvallePresident of COCONAL
- PanelistEduardo AndradeDirector of Sacyr Mexico
- SpeakerJosé ZozayaPresident of Kansas City Southern Mexico (KCSM)
The NIP focuses on making Mexico a world-class logistics hub and three years into the plan, there are many projects left to accomplish. The construction of several critical roads has been delayed due to issues with land rights and inflating prices. The addition of unsolicited proposals into the PPP Law has sparked interest but there are many areas of opportunity in the framework. This panel will discuss the steps Mexico must take to become an integrated logistics hub.
- SpeakerDiana MuñozcanoCIO of Grupo Indi
- ModeratorBertha OrdazPartner at Jones Day
- PanelistRoberto MartínezCenter Director at OECD in Mexico for América Latina
- PanelistRoberto CalvetDirector General of AECOM
- PanelistJorge GálvezDirector of Product Specialists and Cloud Solutions at Oracle Mexico
The integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) throughout the infrastructure industry has optimized services and project results. Large population densities make the development of Smart Cities even more challenging and if more than 90 percent of the country’s population is expected to live in cities by 2050, the public and private sector must work together to create the right solutions, and fast.
- SpeakerCarlos MéndezNational Vice President of Strategic Projects at CMIC
Cities have the power to boost or slow down the economic development of a country. This presentation will highlight Mexico City’s housing and urban development priorities for 2018. The new Housing and Human Settlements Law will help guide development, but with challenges along the way.
- ModeratorJuan Bernardo GarcíaPartner at Baker & McKenzie
- PanelistEduardo OrozcoManaging Director Latin America of Greystar
- PanelistAgustín SarasolaDirector General Mayakoba at OHL Desarrollos
- PanelistJimmy ArakanjiCo-Founder & Co-CEO of Thor Urbana
- PanelistJavier LomelínCEO Latinoamérica at Colliers International
Mexico’s commercial real estate boom helped boost the economy throughout 2016 but 2017 will test the sector’s strength and endurance. To ensure sustainable growth, developers and the public sector must work closely together to foster the development of cities. Mixed-use developments reduce risk by combining shopping malls, offices and residential buildings in one place but if not planned correctly, these could form economic islands within cities.
- SpeakerRamón AguirreDirector General of SACMEX
Mexico’s water crisis is no secret and is a growing problem for its cities. This presentation will pull the audience into the challenges the country will face in the coming years and how it will impact the entire infrastructure industry. This is something all sectors share and must solve together.
- ModeratorRamón AguirreDirector General of SACMEX
- PanelistJavier ArceDirector of Development at Hoteles City
- PanelistJudith MaasDeputy Head of Mission at Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Mexico
- PanelistIñaki EcheverriaArchitect and Urbanist at Iñaki Echeverria
Mexico’s outdated water infrastructure must be revamped but various CONAGUA projects, such as the Zapotillo Dam, have been on hold for over a year. Developing new infrastructure to efficiently distribute the blue gold across the nation is essential sooner rather than later due to the political upheaval caused by changing presidential terms. This panel navigates the insights of the sector’s experts on how Mexico’s water system could be improved and the impact increased private sector participation would have on optimizing its use.
- ModeratorMarco PriegoDirector of Urban Mobility at WRI México
- PanelistEnrique VillanuevaDevelopment Director of Pulso Inmobiliario
- PanelistAlfonso VélezDirector General of Autotraffic
- PanelistErika KulpaChief of Programming at the Ministry of Mobility
Apart from Mexico City, Queretaro, Guadalajara, Monterrey and Puebla are cities that are expanding at exponential rates. This panel discusses how these burgeoning cities must learn from the mistakes of the capital to ensure they flourish in an orderly and inclusive manner. Mobility is a priority and developing efficient mass transport systems will be the main challenge Mexico’s cities will face.
- SpeakerGabriella Gomez-MontFounder at Laboratorio Para la Ciudad
Innovation and Creativity could be the industry’s answer to breaching its infrastructure gap. Mexico currently ranks 58 in the World Innovation Index and three in Latin America. This TEDtalk style presentation will inspire decision makers to view things from a different perspective and invest in finding alternative solutions to the country’s pressing infrastructure needs.
- ModeratorMario MaldonadoColumnist at El Universal
- PanelistSergio ForteExecutive Director General of Investor Relations for Banobras
- PanelistRafael TrejoDeputy Director of Structured Instruments of the Investments Division at Afore XXI Banorte
- PanelistSantiago OrtizDirector General of GBM Infraestructura
- PanelistOthón PérezAssociate, Business Development at FOA Consulting
As of 2017, many of the projects in the National Infrastructure Plan have been either postponed or cancelled due to various cutbacks in the federal budget. The private sector has filled in some of the financing gaps but industry players have different opinions as to why the sector is not moving as fast as it should. Is there a lack of funding available for infrastructure development or is it that there is a lack of viable projects to construct?
Our Networking Cocktails are a must for C-level professionals who want to expand their business, improve their contacts or who simply want to gain insights from other key stakeholders in their industry. By invitation only, these exclusive events provide enhanced networking and put you in front of the people and businesses that matter to you. Organized around specific topics and themes, our intimate Networking Cocktails are a value-added opportunity to discuss the latest trends and strategies impacting your sector.
Let us help you open doors to fresh opportunities.