Be among the key stakeholders who will be sharing their expertise and ambitions with the top-level audience of Mexico Infrastructure and Sustainability Summit. This conference will bring together the most influential business and political leaders in the Mexican infrastructure sector, including the interviewees featured in Mexico Infrastructure Review 2020. Register now or risk missing this opportunity to get the inside perspective and network with the industry’s main stakeholders at this high-profile conference and networking event.
Mexico Infrastructure & Sustainability Summit 2019 - Preliminary Programme
- SpeakerEduardo RamírezPresident of the Mexican Chamber of the Construction Industry (CMIC)
The federal administration continues to establish its infrastructure priorities to bolster the growth of the Mexican economy. But austerity has slashed the budgets of entities such as SCT, leaving money for only a few good projects that do not exceed the country’s capabilities but at the same time have a direct impact on neglected regions. This presentation will outline the government’s strategic actions to restore the country's infrastructure backbone, and with it, strengthen the economy.
- SpeakerAntonio BasagoitiPresident of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Mexico
Mexico is one of the main destinations for Spanish investment in Latin America, along with Brazil. But
unlike the South American country, Mexico has managed to attract a much more diversified investment
portfolio: banking, energy, auto parts, tourism and IT. The country has also proved to be a more
attractive destination for SMEs than other countries in the region. This conference will address
investment opportunities in Mexico for Spanish companies and plans that involve cooperation from key
players in the infrastructure sector over the next few years.
- ModeratorOthon Pérez MartínezBusiness Development Director of FOA Consulting
- PanelistGerónimo GutiérrezManaging Partner at BEEL Infrastructure
- PanelistEsteban LecumberriDirector, Infrastructure of KPMG in Mexico
- PanelistJack LevyFounder and Chairman of Grupo VEQ
Austerity is the best word to define public expenditure during this presidential term. With neither tax increases nor the creation of new taxes, the government will have to get creative to double investment in public works. Cities continue to grow a rapid pace, requiring investment in both public infrastructure and housing and urban development. This panel will include the vision of Mexico’s top infrastructure investors, bankers and economists for strategies Mexico could use to bridge its infrastructure and financing gaps.
- ModeratorLuis RubioExecutive Partner Holland & Knight Mexico
- PanelistRoberto BallinezSenior Executive Director of Public Finance and Infrastructure at HR Ratings de México
- PanelistFrancisco Javier CastañedaCountry Manager of Grupo Calidra
- PanelistManuel Juárez SolanoBusiness Development Director of Sacyr Construcción Mexico
- PanelistRoberto MartínezHead of the OECD Mexico Center
The National Development Plan focuses primarily on increasing accessibility in Oaxaca by developing over 600 new rural roads and interconnecting them to the national road network. The Mayan Train, the plan’s flagship project, is aimed at interconnecting the southern states and attracting tourism. But as the competitiveness of the country’s transport infrastructure decreases, industry players are urging more investment in the maintenance and operation of existing infrastructure.
- ModeratorDiego TorroellaDirector General of Tenova TAKRAF
- PanelistBernardo CarmonaGeneral Coordinator of SACMEX Mexico City
- PanelistFederico CasaresBusiness Development and Institutional Affairs Director of Veolia
- PanelistJesús TorresDirector General of TECSA and IACMEX
Mexico has privileged water sources, but high population densities in urban areas have heightened stress levels in some regions. The main issue, however, does not revolve around water availability, but rather the optimization of federal and municipal resources to build better water infrastructure. This panel will discuss the importance of completing various hydraulic infrastructure projects and new solutions that could help quench Mexico’s growing thirst.
- ModeratorAlessa FloresSenior Journalist & Industry Analyst at Mexico Business Publishing
- PanelistEnrique VillanuevaDevelopment Director of Pulso Inmobiliario
- PanelistGaston WainsteinSenior Vice President for Real Estate Development Corporate Strategy and Special Projects of Walmart de México y Centroamérica
- PanelistCarlos GarcíaSenior Vice President Industrial and Logistics of Coldwell Banker Commercial
As Mexico's e-commerce demand continues to grow, the real estate sector is looking for ways to adapt to new logistics needs. To have a truly successful omnichannel strategy, the right real estate assets need to be in place. This panel will integrate commercial real estate and warehouse developers, retailers and logistics companies to discuss the challenges the country encounters to boost interconnectivity of transport infrastructure and mobility in Mexico’s largest cities.
- SpeakerIgnacio MoralesFormer Attorney General and Public Notary
Asset forfeiture in Mexico is already addressed in the Constitution. Nevertheless, the recently created law creates confusion regarding the definition of private property. Asset forfeiture is defined as the legal process in which the government confiscates assets from suspects of illicit activities. What are the scope and limits of the newly proposed law? What are the positive and negative consequences that this regulation could have on the infrastructure sector?
Our Networking Cocktails are a must for C-level professionals who want to expand their business, improve their contacts or who simply want to gain insights from other key stakeholders in their industry. By invitation only, these exclusive events provide enhanced networking and put you in front of the people and businesses that matter to you. Organized around specific topics and themes, our intimate Networking Cocktails are a value-added opportunity to discuss the latest trends and strategies impacting your sector.
Let us help you open doors to fresh opportunities.