Mexico Mining Forum brings together the most influential business and political leaders in the Mexican Mining industry, including the interviewees featured in Mexico Mining Review 2019. Register now or risk missing this opportunity to get the insider's perspective and network with the industry’s main stakeholders at this high-profile conference and networking event.
Mexico Mining Forum 2019 Preliminary Program
- SpeakerFrancisco QuirogaUndersecretary of Mining at the Ministry of Economy
A new administration in Mexico implies a fresh vision for national development, including policies and objectives in the mining industry. In light of the context, the Undersecretariat will highlight the priorities of the governmental organism for the next sexennial and strategies that will be used to achieve these goals.
- ModeratorDavid GuillénFounding Partner of Rios Ferrer
- PanelistMario SalomónCountry Manager of Multisistemas de Seguridad Industrial
- PanelistRenato UrrestaDirector Mexico of ERM
- PanelistLuiz CamargoDirector of Finances and Corporate Affairs of Minera Cuzcatlán
- PanelistWilliam ZischCOO of Argonaut Gold
The art of acquiring a social license in mining projects goes beyond meeting norms and legal obligations, companies must also go out of their way to make sure communities feel involved in the changes that are happening to their surroundings. In this panel, leading experts will share the strategies they have used to establish a bottom-up approach to getting community approval and how this has benefitted their operations.
- ModeratorCindy CollinsFounder of Mining Technology Partners
- PanelistAntoine CatéStructural Geology Consultant at SRK Toronto
- PanelistMiguel SotoVice President of Exploration at Magna Gold
- PanelistTBCTeck Resources
- PanelistLynda BloomPresident of Analytical Solutions
- PanelistBen PullingerSenior VP of Geology at Excellon Resources
Big data and IoT, Internet of Things are becoming a part of daily life in mines across the globe.
- SpeakerTBCOf Emerson
- SpeakerLaura DíazDirector General of Mines at the Ministry of Economy
When fostering economic growth, industries such as mining are pillars that prop up the national GDP.
- ModeratorHector QuezadaDirector Mexico of Victaulic
- PanelistAlberto OrozcoPresident of the Sonora Mining Cluster
- PanelistAlfredo PhillipsPresident of the Guerrero Mining Cluster
- PanelistJaime LomelínPresident of Zacatecas Mining Cluster
The mining industry's value chain is a key area of opportunity for Mexican companies, and none more so than operators, who are among the top stakeholders.
In any industry when increasing productivity and efficiency and reducing costs, human capital is key. Thus, mining companies are increasingly looking for the best practices for the attraction, development and retention of the best talent. While human capital issues gain momentum, it is essential for competitive companies to understand how investing in talent is perhaps the most profitable practice for their operations.
- PanelistRob PetermanVice-President, Global Business Development at Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
- PanelistJosé-Oriol BoschCEO of BMV Group
- PanelistJosé CoronaCFO of Minera Frisco
- PanelistJavier ReyesCo-CEO of Accendo Banco
- ModeratorAlberto VázquezPartner at VHG Abogados
Playing in a capital-intensive industry with high risks, mining companies find often struggle to raise enough funds to develop their next major project. Developing bridges between the mining industry and the financial sector has become a rising priority.
Our Networking Cocktails are a must for C-level professionals who want to expand their business, improve their contacts or who simply want to gain insights from other key stakeholders in their industry. By invitation only, these exclusive events provide enhanced networking and put you in front of the people and businesses that matter to you. Organized around specific topics and themes, our intimate Networking Cocktails are a value-added opportunity to discuss the latest trends and strategies impacting your sector.
Let us help you open doors to fresh opportunities.